
I'm back to doing EDM challenges, this is one from a few weeks ago, draw some paper money. George is off center but this is totally done in pen and ink. I decided I need to start putting more color into my sketches so I used a green that was way too bright and I toned it down with purple. This is one of those prompts that I thought "oh you've got to be kidding, that's too hard." I just started working from the outside in and obviously left out some details otherwise it would take years. Years ago at an art museum back east we saw a small drawing/painting that an artist had done a long time ago. It looked so realistic that at the time they accused him of just pasting the bill on the paper. They even looked at it with a magnifying glass ~ the artist insisted he painted it. I think it was proven years later that he had in fact painted it. I had totally forgotten about that until I did this challenge. Mine of course is not even close to the real thing.



3 comments:
I think this is really good Marva. So what, if George is a bit off center. Now me, I can't draw worth a darn. So I applaud you.
Oh, but thats' why it's a drawing and not a photograph. This is great!
And thanks for the award - I finally got around to posting it :)
very nice!
Post a Comment