Sunday, August 3, 2008

Started a Nature Sketchbook














































I decided last night to start a Nature Sketchbook and these are my first two sketches in it. I went out early this morning before it got too hot and drew these up (in pencil first, shhhh, don't tell!), then in ink and then added some watercolor.

It's another new moleskin that I got that I hadn't drawn in so I wanted to sketch in pencil first so I could erase. :) I guess, technically, they should be called drawings because they weren't done all that fast....

I feel stupid! I must have been out in the sun too long! I totally misspelled trumpet!!! LOL!

16 comments:

Hi I'm Laurie... said...

I just love your style! Your flowers are really beautiful.

Laurie

Kunstrxns said...

Very nice, makes me want to smile

Ann said...

Very nice! I like the way you are arranging the pages too.

Sarah M said...

Lovely drawings. Love the colours in the trumpet vine blossoms.

Anita Davies said...

Nothing wrong with using a pencil.
Doesn't matter how long they took, the point is that YOU made them and enjoyed doing so...They look fab!
I can see such an improvement in the sunflowers since your last sunflower post.

Margaret Ann said...

Great pages...love the trumpet vine flowers! So Happy! :)

Luba said...

Beautiful drawings! Pencil first then ink takes a little longer but can also be comforting :)

Kathleen said...

Marva - I just now got that you are "purple paint" aren't you? --all these bloggers with multiple personalities - anyway I love the bright red trumpet vines ours are mostly orange & I love to see the red ones - we had 105 today and probably the same tomorrow hot hot hot

kazumiwannabe said...

Lovely drawings - love the trumpet vines! This is going to be a great journal!

MaryO said...

Oh! I just realized that we have some trumpet vine, too! My husband planted some at the back of our yard and I love it...so do the hummingbirds. Yours look beautiful. I love both your pages, nice work!

Lisa Adams Reed said...

Ohhh gorgeous! This journal will be something for us all to enjoy. Your trumpet vine is just amazing!
Lisa

Carol C said...

Love your journal!!! The trumpet vine is my favorite....I remember seeing that growing wild up telephone poles in east Texas.--Carol C

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Thank you all for your comments! I just realized last night that I mis-spelled trumpet! How embarrassing! And written nice and big too! LOL!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

These are so pretty! I like your lettering, too!

Timaree said...

Technicalities! I see a neat sunflower and trumpet vine. The vine makes me think of my dad's yard. He had a vine that kept covering his kitchen window. He'd let it do that a bit in summer and trim it back in spring and fall. It grew so fast he could hardly control it. You made a very fine drawing/sketch(dretch?- then we've covered both bases).