
I just got new glasses which apparently I needed really badly. Let me explain: I have been driving by this tree for years and never noticed these weird pods on it before! I made my hubby pull over so I could pick some of these pods and leaves off. There was also a cigar tree further down that I made him pull over for again so I could jump out and get a pod and leaf. I haven't drawn that one yet but will.... I had no idea what this tree was called and happened to be blog surfing and ran across Mary O's blog and she had drawn the pods also! How funny! In the comments someone had told her what kind of tree it was and so I googled it and sure enough - it's a Golden Rain tree. I'd love to have one of these but my yard has too many trees now.....



5 comments:
Great leaf studies!
Great leafs... isn't the internet great... how would you have ever found out what kind of tree it was otherwise. I too have so many trees in the backyard grass won't grown.. doesn't matter... I LOVE my trees, even went to fight for the trees behind me to stop a developer from cutting them down to build a parking lot... I won .. woo hoo.
Oh this is great! I'm so glad you shared this drawing. The pods on my tree have now turned that luscious copper color. I may draw them again.
Way to go Marva! love the leaf and posd studies. I also like how you put the colors you used on the bottom of the page. What a great memory jogger!
You are lucky to have a husband who'll pull over and let you pick part of not just one but two trees!
Post a Comment