
Today I went out and drew this study of a pine bush we have in our yard. I'm thinking at some time when it was coming up someone kept chopping it back and that's why it looks like a bush, of course I could be totally wrong about that..... It's about 10 feet tall and at the corner of our garage, so I don't know if it's dwarfed from that or just some sort of small pine. Whoever did the landscaping here got realllllllllllllyyyyy carried away planting trees! According to the sketch we have Ponderosa and Australian pines and Aspens and lilacs and we used to have a whole lot more but we had to cut some down, they were planted right next to the foundation....... Anyway, if you can tell what kind of pine it is buy the bark and pine cones let me know.........



2 comments:
Nice details! Your garden seems wondeful!
I'm glad your blogger whoes seem to be a thing of the past.
Love your sketching - great nature journaling! You're blessed to have such a variety of nature around you.
Could it be a scrub pine?
Post a Comment