Saturday, September 6, 2008

Two new nature sketches






















I've been wanting to get back outside to sketch and paint these for a couple of weeks and today I finally did it! I'm trying to beat the first frost.....

I'm not sure what the name of the second one is, it's a succulent, I'll have to look it up. I think the first one is a cone flower but I could be wrong....

It was a beautiful fall day, 70 degrees with that fall chill in the air. The sky has turned from the turquoise of the summer sky to almost a deep cornflower blue of autumn. Hopefully this year we'll get more snow, we were one area of Colorado that hardly got any snow last winter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! I am like you and have been feeling the "autumn" feel. I am not ready yet, even though the winters here in Colorado are way easier than Minnesota where I used to live. I should get out and illustrate my flowers as well. Love the quilt too. Love your blog!

Quilt Architect said...

I really like your drawings as well. They are very organic and close to the earth and living.